VP of Innovation, Pluralsight Technical Video Training 2013-17
- Identify business needs and propose technical solutions across sales, marketing, and engineering, using available resources and budget.
- As part of departmental leadership team, aid in development of quarterly goals, objectives, team organization, and long-term plans.
- Design strategy for using digital marketing channels to locate engineering talent.
- Participate in technical evaluation of corporate acquisition targets.
Engineering Team Management
- Mentor, empower, and unblock both technical managers and developers on mission-critical projects spanning web, mobile, and platform.
- Solve business critical search and discovery issues in collaboration with engineering, digital marketing, and content teams.
- Assemble and manage cross-functional team to build documentation platform and interactive content creation tools for authors.
- Architect tech stack and manage team to build mission-critical publishing workflow tools.
- Assemble and manage team to build APIs for integrating acquired intellectual property into production data workflows.
- Conduct interviews and make hiring decisions for developer and management roles.
- Optimize workflows and tooling at scale for a team of hundreds of developer authors.
Some technical problems that persisted for months or years were solved by Geoffrey often within a day or days. He also didn't shy away from the more intractable problems and worked with the relevant teams to put everyone on the path to success. Tod Gentille Director of Developer Curriculum, Pluralsight
I enjoyed working with Geoffrey, particularly his ability to push everyone around him to do better, consider different ideas, and collaborate more. Eric Stone Data Scientist, Pluralsight
Founder & CTO, PeepCode Open Source Video Training 2006-13
Software Engineering & Architecture
- Design tech stack from scratch including full stack web app, iOS mobile app, distributed video streaming platform, payment processing, analytics, digital marketing, and more.
- Implement devops components and workflow including cloud hosting, automated deployment, staging/production VMs, additional microservice instances, monitoring, and redundancy.
Engineering Team Management
- Hire and manage design/development teams to build and iterate on full stack web app, mobile app, and more.
- Manage multiple remote development teams.
- Manage 15+ developer authors including a GitHub co-founder and the CTO of Shopify.
- Establish best practices such as test-driven development, model/view/controller, 12 factor app, etc.
[Geoffrey's products] are awesome! Tim O'Reilly O'Reilly Media
Geoffrey Grosenbach has been one of the most enthusiastic members of the [Open Source] Rails community for a long time. Between running the Rails Podcast and releasing great plugins like Gruff, Sparklines, and CSS Graphs, he’s been a big-time and valuable contributor. David Heinemeier Hansson Creator of Ruby on Rails
Host, official Ruby on Rails Podcast 2005-2010, Lead Developer, PNN 2005-06, IT Coordinator, Morrison Academy Taiwan 2003-05, Lead Developer for Data Warehousing & Reporting, eAcceleration 2002, Web Developer, Project Guides 1999-2001, Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy 2000.
Co-author of Deploying Rails Applications 2008 Pragmatic Programmers Press.
Authored 50+ video titles at PeepCode 2006-2013 Instrumental in improving the careers of tens of thousands of developers learning full stack web development, deployment, best practices, UX, tools, and more.
20+ conference presentations Keynote @ EuRuKo, Speaker @ RubyConf Australia, Cascadia JS, Úll (iOS), La Conf Paris, Railsberry Krakow, RailsConf, Schnitzelconf Vienna, Frozen Rails Helsinki, RubyConf Taiwan